It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:00 am 

I did a search on my IP. NONE of the given locations was correct. Apart from that, I thought that each IP address was specific for a computer. So there should be only one 105.184.71.128, if I am right. However, the search shows locations in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, respectively 450 and 400 Km from George, and Gauteng, even further.
So my query is in two parts. 1. Should/could there be more than one IP address operating, legally? 2. How come none of the geolocations is correct?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:10 am 
Site Admin

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Should/could there be more than one IP address operating, legally?

There is one and only 1 public IP in use globally, no exceptions.

2. How come none of the geolocations is correct?

The accuracy of IP location may vary from providers to providers. We rely on IP location providers to display the location of specific IPs. Please contact the respective vendors to correct your ip location.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:47 am 

The geolocation data on an IP address I just checked was only incorrect via ip2location info. I've seen the contact email to send to, but I can't help but be curious, surely 'iplocation' is affiliated with 'ip2location' (and hence curious as to why such corrections couldn't be sent on this forum, at least for the ip2location data).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:56 am 
Site Admin

We are a consumer of ip2location, and are not affiliated with ip2location. The change request must be made directly to each provider as we have no way to validate the claims made by the users on this website.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:09 pm 

the geolocation of my ip was incorrect. my isp is bouygues telecom and i live in north of france. it said my ip was located in meudon or in aix-en-provence which is in south of france.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:55 am 

The accuracy of IP location is generally within a few to several hundred kilometers. It may take some time for IP location providers to update their database with accurate info.